Monday, August 6, 2012

Third Time

I know it's been awhile.

We took a break for a bit. Then decided to wait til my mother had moved out to try again. My stress level was just always so high when she was around.. nevermind the logistics of TTC with mother down the hall :P

So, we've officially started our third attempt with Letrozole/Femara.

A little scary. Since the first cycle, we got a follicle. The second one, we didn't. And the doc said that he only wants to give it three tries.

Problem is, we can't really afford the next (bigger, badder) options. The Femara alone, once you add in the monthly ultrasounds and the trigger shots, is around $300-$400 per attempt. That seems plenty high to me.

The injection rounds are somewhere in the thousands of dollars. Eh. Doubtful.

So, we'll see how this goes. And then how pathetically the doctor will look at me when I try to explain that daily injections and IVF are not options for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment