Monday, August 27, 2012

Dearest Bradley

Yes, this is sappy.. so if you're not up for that, just stop reading now ;) I don't tend to post uber-mushy stuff to my husband on here. (I actually tried to post it on Facebook, but FB was having all kinds of issues.) But every once in awhile, it feels right to give him a public 'thumbs up.' So, here goes.

Dearest Bradley,

There are times in my day, when I just stop and think, "I am SO lucky." Not just lucky to be married to you, but lucky to have you as a friend, a support system, and my comic relief.

You have amazed me in your ability to adapt. To grow with me, instead of separate from me. Always supportive of my dreams, my whims, and my sometimes drastic changes.

You've managed to not skip a step as I went vegetarian, quit a job without a backup plan, shaved my head, started a business, jumped out of a plane, went vegan, gone through the ups and downs of fertility meds, financial hardships, and even tossing around the idea of moving several states away (if not Canada).

I can't say you never questioned me, but you've mastered the ability to question me, without doubting me or pushing against me.

I'm not sure there's another man out there that would have gotten through all that, let alone while remaining completely supportive and on-board for all of it.. and you somehow managed to be closer to me at the end of it, than when we started.

We just keep getting better. And I love the fact that our story, though now several years in, is still just getting started. But even if the worst should happen, I know today.. that I have been completely loved. Inside and out. Good and bad. You have made me feel loved. Perfectly and totally loved. For that, I thank you, more than you'll ever truly know. And I can only hope that I've made you feel the same.

So, to the man who will drive all over town to find my chai tea, will go to every appointment with me so I don't have to feel alone, and accepts that 'tickle wars' are only one way battles; and that tickling me back is off limits.. Thank you.

Thank you for all those things. And for all the challenges that we've yet to face, because I know you'll still be there, unwaivering. Thank you for always being in my corner.

I still choose you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment